Over the last few months, my interest in natural skincare took me into the wonderful world of cold process soap making; and I’ve been enjoying it so much, that the only homemade products I’ve attempted since cleansing grains are a lotion bar that needs tweaking, baking soda-free deodorant that doesn’t work (I’m back to using milk of magnesia) and a failed attempt at homemade toothpaste (ew). Well I have the DIY bug again, and it won’t be long before I start running out of other products that I could make myself. Which is why I’ve reached out to some of the internet’s best DIY bloggers for a little inspiration.
In case you didn’t know, Mommypotamus is kind of a big deal. She has some great recipes on her blog, but I recommend checking out her “DIY Organic Beauty Recipes” e-book, too:
- DIY Hair Pomade – I have got to try this. Store-bought pomade tends to make my head itch.
- Homemade Tooth Soap – Sounds better than the one I tried…
Empowered Sustenance is another trend setter in the natural living world:
- DIY Whipped Body Butter – I have been intimidated by body butters and lotions, but she makes this look easy!
Thank Your Body has a beautiful blog, and wonderful posts:
Natural Living Mama is always a great resource for DIY projects and information on natural healing. A few of her posts that I have bookmarked to try are:
- Essential Oils for Skincare (this will be useful for soapmaking, too!)
- Itchy Skin Salve Recipe
- Homemade Chest Rub
Live Simply offers some homemade makeup alternatives that I’m itching to try:
- Powder Foundation – I’m getting low on my mineral foundation…it might be time to try making my own.
- Homemade Blush
Even more makeup recipes and other fun DIY tutorials can be found at Jenni Rain Cloud…Homebody Extraordinaire:
- This Cream Blush and Lip Tint is something I’ve got to try. I like keeping my morning routine low maintenance!
- This Homemade Perfume Tutorial is fantastic
- Homemade Facial Toner
I feel like I have a lot in common with Scratch Mommy (you know, other than the “mommy” part):
- Baking Soda-Free Homemade Deodorant – now we’re talkin’!
- Fix Anything Salve Recipe – I’ve been wanting to start making salves, and this sounds like a good place to start.
Gnowfglins (God’s Natural, Organic, Whole Foods, Grown Locally, In Season) is a blog after my own homestead-wannabe heart:
- This Tallow Balm looks awesome, and I just happen to have a bunch of tallow right now.
- There is even a Goat’s Milk Soap recipe.
What are some of your favorite skincare recipes?